Add like
Add dislike
Add to saved papers

Micro-face-lift: A novel biplanar, composite, less-invasive procedure.

BACKGROUND: Facial rejuvenation procedures have been in existence for over a century. Since its first introduction, it improved anatomical understanding and clinical implications and gave rise to numerous techniques and re-ideations of the original face-lift. The increase in popularity of face-lift procedures attracts patients of various ages and with different medical comorbidities. In this paper, we describe the less-invasive facelift procedure, termed the "Micro-Face-lift," with minimal complications, a short recovery period, and few contraindications.

MATERIALS AND METHODS: The authors retrospectively analyzed the medical files of 51 patients who underwent the "Micro-Face-lift" procedure between 2014 and 2019 by three independent surgeons.

RESULTS: Fifty-one patients met the inclusion criteria for the procedure. Forty-nine patients were women (96.1%) and the remainder were men (3.9%). The mean age at the time of the procedure was 60.8 years (range 45-87). Complications were encountered in five patients (9.8%): two hypertrophic scars (3.8%), one hematoma (2%), one surgical wound infection (2%), and one edema (2%), persistent for more than 2 weeks postoperatively. All complications resolved within 6 weeks of postoperatively. Thirty-five patients (68.6%) underwent additional procedures to maximize the aesthetic outcome. Thirty patients (58.8%) underwent submental liposuction and five patients (9.8%) underwent mid-face lipo-filling. The average satisfaction score on the self-reported "Likert" scale was 4.27 (range 1-5). All patients were followed for a minimum period of 18 months.

CONCLUSIONS: The "Micro-Face-lift" is a less-invasive procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia and sedation in the outpatient setting. Complication rates and mortality are low, contraindications are rare, and the recovery period is short. In our experience, patient satisfaction is high with the Micro-Face-lift procedure, and the learning curve for the experienced practitioner is short.

Full text links

We have located links that may give you full text access.
Can't access the paper?
Try logging in through your university/institutional subscription. For a smoother one-click institutional access experience, please use our mobile app.

Related Resources

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

Mobile app image

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2024 by WebMD LLC.
This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.

By using this service, you agree to our terms of use and privacy policy.

Your Privacy Choices Toggle icon

You can now claim free CME credits for this literature searchClaim now

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app