CASE REPORTS
JOURNAL ARTICLE
Add like
Add dislike
Add to saved papers

Delayed Salicylate Toxicity in a 17-Year-Old Girl With Initially Undetectable Salicylate Concentration 3.9 Hours After Ingestion.

We report the case of a 17-year-old girl with a 126-mg/kg nonenteric coated aspirin ingestion with nontoxic salicylate concentrations at 1.5 and 3.9 hours postingestion, who developed tinnitus and vomiting an estimated 8 hours postingestion, and who was subsequently found to have a toxic salicylate concentration at 22.7 hours postingestion. This case, as well as previous cases of delayed aspirin therapy, may prompt providers to consider educating patients and their care providers regarding the need to return for further testing if symptoms, such as vomiting or tinnitus, develop after an aspirin ingestion.

Full text links

We have located links that may give you full text access.
Can't access the paper?
Try logging in through your university/institutional subscription. For a smoother one-click institutional access experience, please use our mobile app.

Related Resources

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

Mobile app image

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2024 by WebMD LLC.
This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.

By using this service, you agree to our terms of use and privacy policy.

Your Privacy Choices Toggle icon

You can now claim free CME credits for this literature searchClaim now

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app