JOURNAL ARTICLE

Coexisting JAK2V617F and CALR Exon 9 Mutation in Essential Thrombocythemia

Munazza Rashid, Rifat Zubair Ahmed, Shariq Ahmed, Muhammad Nadeem, Nuzhat Ahmed, Tahir Sultan Shamsi
Indian Journal of Hematology & Blood Transfusion 2016, 32 (Suppl 1): 112-116
27408370
Classic "BCR-ABL1-negative" MPN is an operational sub-category of MPN that includes polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET), and primary myelofibrosis (PMF) harboring JAK2V617F as the most common mutation. JAK2V617F can be detected in about 95 % of patients with PV while remaining 5 % of PV patients carry a somatic mutation of JAK2 exon 12. Approximately one-third of patients with ET or PMF do not carry any mutation in JAK2 or MPL. In December 2013, mutations were described in calreticulin (CALR) gene in 67-71 and 56-88 % of JAK2V617F and MPL negative patients with ET and PMF, respectively. Since this discovery CALR mutations have been reported to be mutually exclusive with JAK2V617F or MPL mutations. However recently few studies (eleven published reports) reported the coexistence of JAK2V617F and CALR in MPN. In the present study we are reporting JAK2V617F positive ET patient from our center with coexisting CALR exon 9 mutation type c.1214_1225del12 (p.E405_D408del) that was never reported before as a coexisting mutation and describing in detail the clinical outcomes.

Full Text Links

Find Full Text Links for this Article

Discussion

You are not logged in. Sign Up or Log In to join the discussion.

Related Papers

Remove bar
Read by QxMD icon Read
27408370
×

Search Tips

Use Boolean operators: AND/OR

diabetic AND foot
diabetes OR diabetic

Exclude a word using the 'minus' sign

Virchow -triad

Use Parentheses

water AND (cup OR glass)

Add an asterisk (*) at end of a word to include word stems

Neuro* will search for Neurology, Neuroscientist, Neurological, and so on

Use quotes to search for an exact phrase

"primary prevention of cancer"
(heart or cardiac or cardio*) AND arrest -"American Heart Association"