OPEN IN READ APP
JOURNAL ARTICLE

[Analysis of hemoptysis treated by bronchial arterial embolization]

Yu-hua Xu, Yong-hong Hu, Yan-hong Ying, Xiao-ping Hu, Jun-fu Song, Rong-guang Luo
Zhonghua Yi Xue za Zhi [Chinese medical journal] 2013 December 3, 93 (45): 3620-2
24534316

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the correlation of effect of bronchial arterial embolization (BAE) in the treatment of hemoptysis and relative factors.

METHODS: From December 2007 to August 2011, 105 patients with hemoptysis were admitted. BAE was carried out after bronchial artery arteriography and ensured bronchial artery anomaly. Patients were followed up 3 to 24 months.

RESULTS: All 105 cases were confirmed abnormal bronchial artery. And 101 cases (96.2%) were completed BAE, and among them, 91 cases (86.7%) were stop bleeding , and 7 cases (6.7%) were excellence. The total effective rate was 93.4%.In follow-up period, there were 69 cases (65.7%) without recurrence, and 8 cases (7.6%) were recent recurrence and 10 cases (9.5%) were long-term recurrence, respectively. All factors were no obvious correlation to effect of BAE.

CONCLUSION: BAE is an effective treatment for hemoptysis.Effect of the BAE was irrespective to related factors.

Discussion

You are not logged in. Sign Up or Log In to join the discussion.

Related Papers

Available on the App Store

Available on the Play Store
Remove bar
Read by QxMD icon Read
24534316
×

Search Tips

Use Boolean operators: AND/OR

diabetic AND foot
diabetes OR diabetic

Exclude a word using the 'minus' sign

Virchow -triad

Use Parentheses

water AND (cup OR glass)

Add an asterisk (*) at end of a word to include word stems

Neuro* will search for Neurology, Neuroscientist, Neurological, and so on

Use quotes to search for an exact phrase

"primary prevention of cancer"
(heart or cardiac or cardio*) AND arrest -"American Heart Association"