Case Reports
Journal Article
Add like
Add dislike
Add to saved papers

[Accidental ingestion of magnets in children. Report of three cases].

Accidental ingestion of foreign bodies in childhood is an increasing problem. Although many of them can be treated with an expectant approach, allowing their passage through the gastrointestinal tract, magnets must be extracted, due to their high rate of complications, such as perforation. We report three patients that ingested magnets. A five year-old male was operated with an extensive ulceration of the jejunum, where a cylindrical magnet was extracted. A four year-old female was operated with a perforation of the anterior wall of the stomach and three magnets were extracted from the peritoneal cavity. A four year-old female, was transferred from a hospital where she had been operated for a magnet ingestion that provoked three perforations in the small bowel.

Full text links

We have located links that may give you full text access.
Can't access the paper?
Try logging in through your university/institutional subscription. For a smoother one-click institutional access experience, please use our mobile app.

Related Resources

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

Mobile app image

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2024 by WebMD LLC.
This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.

By using this service, you agree to our terms of use and privacy policy.

Your Privacy Choices Toggle icon

You can now claim free CME credits for this literature searchClaim now

Get seemless 1-tap access through your institution/university

For the best experience, use the Read mobile app