Read by QxMD icon Read

no-coding RNA anticoagulation

Mohsen Azimi-Nezhad, Daniel Lambert, Catherine Ottone, Corinne Perrin, Celine Chapel, Gwenaëlle Gaillard, Michèle Pfister, Christine Masson, Eric Tabone, Fay Betsou, David Meyronet, Marie-Noëlle Ungeheuer, Sophie Visvikis Siest
BACKGROUND: The extended role of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human pathophysiology led us to evaluate pre-analytical parameters possibly influencing its levels in peripheral blood and tissues. The effects on VEGF protein levels and mRNA expression were measured after storage delay (blood and tissue), use of different types of anticoagulants (blood), and after different numbers of freeze-thaw cycles (blood). METHODS: Blood from healthy donors was sampled simultaneously in ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA), acid citrate dextrose (ACD-A), hirudin, and serum separation tubes...
October 2012: Biopreservation and Biobanking
Danxin Wang, Xiaochun Sun, Yan Gong, Brian E Gawronski, Taimour Y Langaee, Mohamed Hossam A Shahin, Sherief I Khalifa, Julie A Johnson
CYP2C9 is involved in metabolism of nearly 25% of clinically used drugs. Coding region polymorphisms CYP2C9*2 and *3 contribute to interperson variability in drug dosage and clinical outcomes, whereas the role of a regulatory polymorphism remains uncertain. Measuring allelic RNA expression in 87 human liver samples, combined with genotyping, sequencing, and reporter gene assays, we identified a promoter variable number tandem repeat polymorphism (pVNTR) that fully accounted for allelic CYP2C9 mRNA expression differences...
May 2012: Drug Metabolism and Disposition: the Biological Fate of Chemicals
Chie Nakajima, Itabajara da Silva Vaz, Saiki Imamura, Satoru Konnai, Kazuhiko Ohashi, Misao Onuma
A cDNA library was constructed from salivary glands of partially-fed adult female Haemaphysalis longicornis (hard tick). Randomly selected clones were sequenced and a total of 633 sequences were analyzed by bioinformatic programs. The sequences were grouped into 213 clusters, with each cluster being considered to be composed of mRNAs derived from the same gene or closely related genes. About 36% of the mRNA sequences showed significant similarity to known proteins in the non-redundant protein database by the NCBI blastx program and appeared to be coding for functional predicted proteins, whereas the remaining 64% had no similar sequences...
November 2005: Journal of Veterinary Medical Science
V Chopin, M Salzet, J l Baert, F Vandenbulcke, P E Sautiére, J P Kerckaert, J Malecha
Therostasin is a potent naturally occurring tight-binding inhibitor of mammalian Factor Xa (K(i), 34 pm), isolated from the rhynchobdellid leech Theromyzon tessulatum. Therostasin is a cysteine-rich protein (8991 Da) consisting of 82 amino acid residues with 16 cysteine residues. Its amino acid sequence has been determined by a combination of techniques, including Edman degradation, enzymatic cleavage, and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) on the native and s-beta-pyridylethylated compound...
October 20, 2000: Journal of Biological Chemistry
J Malm, X H He, A Bjartell, L Shen, P A Abrahamsson, B Dahlbäck
Protein S is an anticoagulant plasma protein, functioning as a cofactor to activated protein C in the regulation of blood coagulation. In addition, protein S forms a complex with the complement regulatory protein, C4b-binding protein. Protein S is unique among the vitamin K-dependent proteins in being structurally similar to androgen binding proteins. Protein S immunoreactivity was demonstrated in Leydig cells of human testis. In Northern blotting experiments, the presence of protein S mRNA in human testis tissue could be shown...
September 15, 1994: Biochemical Journal
Fetch more papers »
Fetching more papers... Fetching...
Read by QxMD. Sign in or create an account to discover new knowledge that matter to you.
Remove bar
Read by QxMD icon Read

Search Tips

Use Boolean operators: AND/OR

diabetic AND foot
diabetes OR diabetic

Exclude a word using the 'minus' sign

Virchow -triad

Use Parentheses

water AND (cup OR glass)

Add an asterisk (*) at end of a word to include word stems

Neuro* will search for Neurology, Neuroscientist, Neurological, and so on

Use quotes to search for an exact phrase

"primary prevention of cancer"
(heart or cardiac or cardio*) AND arrest -"American Heart Association"